Dear FBC Family:
First the plea for prayers — We’ve committed as a church to finish the Drying-In stage of the building addition. That means that the outer shell should be weather-proof.
It does NOT mean that interior framing or electrical-mechanical-plumbing-HVAC will be finished. For that interior construction, we need more funding.
Our bank loan partner is willing to loan us a limited sum of more money; however, the amount of any loan to FBC moving forward is encumbered by significant real claims from former subcontractors who were not paid out by our original General Contractor, even though that GC received funds from FBC to pay them. FBC is caught in the middle.
- Pray that we will be God-glorifying stewards of whatever we are granted by the Lord to move forward.
- Pray that we would be able to move forward without delay toward completion of the entire building, both the outside AND the inside AND furnishings AND all.
- Pray that the original GC will pay or be coerced to pay the former subcontractors, willingly or legally, and SOON.
- Pray that all of us, including our bank and present construction partners, will conduct ourselves in a way that shows faith and dependence on our gracious, sovereign God through it all.
On the positive side, we’re seeing significant progress in construction, though most of it is not visible from the parking lot. I won’t enumerate the many things; but here are a few pictures.
- completion of the Youth Room and sewer hook-up process
- proper completion of the exterior concrete block load-bearing walls
- pouring of the second level concrete floor
- the arrival of the new steeple and baptistry
- erecting of the second floor and roof steel support structure