Plenty has been going on in the background to create the way for new architect and new submittals for the building permit to take place. Thanks for your prayers and patience and sacrificial giving, as we grow!
- that the final RE-permit approval process will be completed this week and a new full-steam-ahead approval will be granted by early next week
- that technical issues with drawings for the steel support members will be resolved so that we can order fabrication of the steel beams and support members (as soon as the building permit gets approved)
- that a key RE-launch building meeting with the General Contractor (GC), Architect, and FBC late next week would go really well
- God would grant us financial concessions from the GC for the delay period
- everyone would be happily united in every aspect to get the building completed ASAP
- that the former “architect” would be forthcoming with our plan for his financial restitution
- that God would graciously provide the funds for cost overruns caused by the delay and our own upgrade of several costly systems
BIG NEWS: the front parking lot is usable!
Even if the rain prevents asphalting this week, we can start using the new front parking lot as of this Sunday, August 13th. This also means that we will not be running the shuttle van to and from the SDA church next door anymore. Thanks you, oh valiant troops, those that unselfishly have been parking next door for quite a while.
This coming Sunday, we will officially re-open the Fellowship Hall (FH) overflow area due to high attendance – PTL!
- Extra hands will be needed at the close of fellowship time between SS and Worship to help set up chairs.
- Those that stay in the FH for the Worship service should act and participate in the same respectful manner as if they were in the big room: stand, sit, sing, pray, listen as if you were in the Auditorium.
- The FH overflow will be a small practice for when we’re ready to close to Auditorium for demolition, reconstruction, and reconfiguring it. The construction schedule has us finishing changes to the FH and the Youth Room, then use them as the Worship service rooms while the Auditorium is transformed (think several weeks in late September/ early October).