This is the beginning of the Ministries Center building project blog. A number of people have asked me what is happening with the building project, especially since God did such a wonderful thing for us in meeting and exceeding our fund-raising goal in November. We praise God for that and for all who generously and sacrificially gave to make it happen. Thanks!
What happens now is a LOT of behind-the-scenes activity. Phone calls, meetings, preparation work for the preparation work. Here’s a little list of what needs to happen before we get heavy equipment on the site (not necessarily in chronological order):
- contract architect & relevant specialty professionals to provide sets of drawings for site, foundation, structural, electrical, lighting, HVAC, materials specification, septic, fire control, building code compliance, etc.
- research and obtain the more favorable building loan terms possible
- submit drawings to county building authorities for approval of a building permit
- revise and redraw floor plans and building drawings to meet building codes
- obtain and/or re-do professional soil sampling for expert guidance on foundation and site groundwater control issues
- obtain permission and submit a zoning variance request to Coweta County to build the Ministries Center closer to the property boundary
- have an official “Ground Breaking” ceremony
- in all likelihood, build a retention wall at the back side of the building foundation site because of groundwater control issues
- sign the contract with the General Contractor (GC)
- “close” on the building loan from the bank
- order the steel structure from the steel building fabrication firm
- establish construction plans for delivery of utilities to the Ministries Center (water, fire/sprinkler system, electricity, gas (if needed), Internet)
- miscellaneous (simply because there are always miscellaneous items that come up or are forgotten in the list)
If all of these things were strictly sequential, it would take a l—o—n—g time to get started. Thankfully, they are not all sequential. True, some things must come before other things. However, there are a number of these things that are and will be in process simultaneously.
Pray for it all to happen as quickly and effectively as possible, for God’s glory!